Flexible Workplace & Coworking
Coworking (also referred to as flexible work space) is a “space-as-a-service” business model that involves individuals working independently or collaboratively in a shared office space. Initially driven by the growth in the creative and tech industries, coworking has evolved into a much broader offering, providing work space solutions to Freelancers, Startups, SMEs and even large global enterprises.
A typical coworking space is a fully functioning serviced office that requires minimal set-up time and no set-up costs. Business owners do not have to worry about the administrative aspects of running an office and the flexible nature of the contract allows for much more adaptable business planning. With a strong sense of community, many freelancers and small businesses choose coworking spots for this reason. Collaboration between coworkers also brings increased business opportunities and networking.
Typical features include:
– Shared workspace
– Shared kitchens, bathrooms and lounges
– Fully furnished offices with all the necessary amenities
– 24/7 access
– Reservable/ rentable conference/board rooms
– Communal printer/copier/fax etc.
– Secretarial, events and other services
Benefits of coworking/flexible work space
– Cost savings (pooled accounts for electricity, rates, office amenities and more)
– Strong sense of community
– Potential collaborations between workers/businesses
– Hassle-free day to day operations (compared to traditional office space leasing)
– Solves the problem of scalability that many high-growth companies experience during stages of rapid growth
– All inclusive offering
– Minimal set-up time and no set-up costs
– Additional value added services such as receptionists, event organisation and catering